RepositóriUM RepositóriUM Bases de dados Databases A to Z A to Z Contactos Contacts Pergunte-nos Ask us
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds||Course reserves|
|Publicação de longa duração||Biblioteca Prof. Joaquim Pinto Machado||BPM 303.022 - P||Checked out||2022-09-05||409704|
|Monografia||Biblioteca Geral da Universidade do Minho||BGUM 303.022 - Q||Checked out||2019-11-22||414457|
The completely revised and updated edition of this methodological classic continues to provide practical, comprehensive and strategic guidance on qualitative design, purposeful sampling, interviewing, fieldwork, observation methods, and qualitative analysis and interpretation while integrating the extensive qualitative literature of the last decade.
New to this edition:
- Twelve primary strategic themes of qualitative inquiry to clarify readers′ understanding of the different strands of qualitative research
- Five distinct criteria-based frameworks for presenting and judging qualitative findings
- Sixteen different theoretical and philosophical approaches to qualitative inquiry identified, compared and contrasted
- Variations in observational methods, including historical perspectives, ethical issues, and case studies
- Alternative interviewing strategies and approaches, including focus group interviews, group interviews, and cross-cultural interviews
- Additional new coverage on: new issues in and approaches to fieldwork; in-depth treatment of emergent designs and purposeful sampling; detailed analytical guidelines, including software and computer-assisted options; strategies for enhancing quality and credibility of qualitative findings, mixed methods, and triangulation; and, a review and listing of the latest internet resources
The book examines and honours both the science and art of qualitative inquiry. The qualities that made previous editions of this widely used book so highly valued by both seasoned professionals and students continue to shine through in this revision, including Patton′s extensive experience, broad perspective, inclusive sensitivity, concrete examples, pragmatic orientation, and fine writing.